Spring is in the air! And after a long winter I am ready for more adventures outside!
For the usual day out with the family, the unexpected will just creep right up on you and BAM! You forgot the cash for parking, one of the kids fell in the lake, and all the water bottles are at home (filled with ice of course) on the kitchen counter.
Who planned this trip?! Well, we all forget things in the rush and bustle to get out the door.
So here is your super checklist of all the essentials for a general day out! You won’t be caught unprepared next time. *Special outtings will need extra equipment.
Before you go
- Look up any fees for parking or entrance
- Stop for cash if needed for fees
- Write down or print driving directions
- Print a map of the area. For the US, visit caltopo.com to print US paper size maps.
- Check that everyone is wearing proper trip attire.
- Check the weather
- Fill up the car with gas
What to Pack
- Bug spray
- Extra Clothes
- Wet Wipes
- First Aid kit
- Seasonal wear: hats, gloves, coats, raingear, umbrella, snowgear, swimwear
When you get home
- Check for ticks. Visit cdc.gov/ticks for more info.
- Wash yourself & clothes for poison oak/ivy
- You can use a product like Technu but Dawn dish soap works well too.
Whew! Hopefully that covers about everything you need. Now get out there and have a great time!
Want a Printable Version? Get it now!
Or sign up for our FREE membership to get all our resources in one place!