How do you protect kids from falling on stairs?
How can I keep my child safe from stairway falls?
- Keep the stairs clear of tripping hazards. Clear the stairs of toys, shoes and other objects. …
- Use railing guards. Kids are small and they like to squish their bodies through anything they want to fit through, including stair railings. …
- Light the stairs.
How do I make hardwood stairs safe for my toddler?
Stair Safety: The Right Steps to Protect Your Kids
- Stairs should be clutter-free, in good condition, and have a banister or handrails on each side.
- When children need to be carried up and down the stairs, hold on to the banister or handrail, and do not carry anything else.
- Carefully watch toddlers on stairs.
What is the safest covering for stairs?
Out of all the options on our list, carpet is by far the safest type of flooring for stairs. A carpeted staircase with short, dense fibers can do a lot for your home. The shorter fibers are more durable and can weather heavy foot traffic while still feeling soft and comfortable underfoot.